CEUI active employees and retirees are covered under the state health insurance Health Enhancement Plan (HEP). The Health Enhancement Plan provides numerous benefits to our members such as:
- Improved health outcomes for our family members
- Lives saved through improved chronic disease care and screenings
- Savings to the State and our members in current and future premiums
Members are also required to meet the HEP requirements and can stay up to date on their compliance status which can be checked by their web site or contacting the call center.
How to Check Your Status
Web Based Information:
- Information from the State Comptroller’s website can be found at: http://www.osc.ct.gov/HEP/hepfaq.htm
- The Health Enhancement Website: https://www.connect2yourhealth.com/ParticipantPortal/Default.aspx/
- For a tutorial on how to use the website and comply with HEP requirements: https://www.brainshark.com/ConnectiCare/HEP?&r3f1=
If you have read all of the frequently asked questions on the HEP website but are still having difficulty and need to speak with someone directly, please call a CMS customer service representative at (877) 687 – 1448. They are available to answer calls Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
It is is very important to meet the HEP requirements because if you do not you could receive a letter indicating that you are being taken off the HEP plan and will be billed $100 per month in additional health insurance premium and be subject to a $350 deductible per family member for non co-pay health status.
We’re here to answer your questions!
If you have unanswered questions or concerns related to health insurance, retirement or Medicare reimbursement or are experiencing difficulties getting the insurance company to pay the medical bills that should be covered – please contact our retiree staff representative, George Spurlock. George is well versed in these issues and here to help you with any problems or questions you may have. You may reach George at 1-800-622-3359, x722 or locally at 860-343-8722. He can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.